Thursday, 28 December
113. The New Milton Criticism
8:30–9:45 a.m., 302, Philadelphia Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Peter C. Herman, San Diego State Univ.
1. “Time and Eternity and the Fiction of Miltonic Belief,” John D. Rogers, Yale Univ.
2. “The Poverty of Context: Cambridge School History and the New Milton Studies,” William Kolbrener, Bar-Ilan Univ.
3. “Whose Fault, Whose but His Own? Paradise Lost, Contributory Negligence, and the Problem of Cause,” Peter C. Herman
4. “Milton Criticism and the Poetics of Nationhood,” Elizabeth Mary Sauer, Brock Univ.
5. “‘From Last Things to First’: The Apophatic Vision of Paradise Regained,” Michael E. Bryson, California State Univ., Northridge