Saturday, 08 January
627. Women’s Narrative of the Spanish Republican Exiles
5:15–6:30 p.m., 303B, LA Convention Center
A special session
Presiding: Iker González-Allende, Univ. of Nebraska, Lincoln
1. “The Exile’s Farewell in Pilar de Zubiaurre,” Iker González-Allende
2. “Transformed by Exile but Unchanged: Rosa Chacel’s Unswerving Commitment to Narrative Experiment,” Carol S. Maier, Kent State Univ., Kent
3. “Exile and Diaspora through the Pen of Spanish Republican Women after the Spanish Civil War,” Char Prieto, California State Univ., Chico
4. “Delirium, Destiny, and the Poetics of Exile: María Zambrano and the Affective Movement of Being,” Tania Gentic, Georgetown Univ.
For abstracts, write to email@example.com.