Monday, 29 December
689. The Dilemma of Critical Pedagogy: Countering the Bias of Business as Usual
7:15–8:30 p.m., Yosemite A, Hilton
A special session
Presiding: Patricia Roberts-Miller, Univ. of Texas, Austin
1. “Challenging Middle-Class Rhetorical Norms in the Writing Classroom,” Nancy Welch, Univ. of Vermont
2. “When Demagoguery Is the Norm,” Patricia Roberts-Miller
3. “Teaching the Conflicts through Giving Conservatives Their Best Shot,” Donald P. Lazere, Univ. of Tennessee, Knoxville
4. “The Possibilities of Radical Teaching Today,” Richard M. Ohmann, Wesleyan Univ.
Respondent: Mark Bauerlein, Emory Univ.