Monday, 27 December
52. The Future of Franco-American Relations: Que Faire?
8:45–10:00 p.m., Washington B, Loews
A special session
Session leader: Rosemarie Scullion, Univ. of Iowa
1. “Electronic Relations: Between Hope and Fear,” Pierre Simon Taminiaux, Georgetown Univ.
2. “Anti-anti-Americanism and French Intellectuals: Glucksman et Compagnie,” Richard Golsan, Texas A&M Univ., College Station
3. “Cataclysmic Relations: Franco-American Discord in Diane Johnson’s L’Affaire,” Carolyn Ann Durham, Coll. of Wooster
4. “‘Why Are the French So ...?’: Facing French Culture in the Undergraduate Classroom,” Charles J. Stivale, Wayne State Univ.