Tuesday, 29 December
479. Rethinking Foundational Fictions of Caribbean Literature
1:45–3:00 p.m., Congress C, Loews
A special session
Presiding: Leah Reade Rosenberg, Univ. of Florida
1. “José Martí’s Foundational Failure,” Keja L. Valens, Salem State Coll.
2. “The Taming of Miss Lou: Gentrification and ‘Dialect,’” Belinda J. Edmondson, Rutgers Univ., Newark
3. “Writing Indianness into the Caribbean Canon,” Lisa Outar, Saint John’s Univ., NY
4. “The Literary Intellectual and the Nationalist Middle Class: Martí, McKay, Roumain,” Raphael Dalleo, Florida Atlantic Univ.
For abstracts, visit www.clas.ufl.edu/users/rosenber.