Sunday, 27 December
106. Rorty, Pragmatism, Criticism
8:45–10:00 p.m., 402–403, Philadelphia Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Gregg Crane, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor
1. “Rorty Astride the Two Cultures,” Robert Chodat, Boston Univ.
2. “Causation, Experience, and Literary Experiments,” Paul Grimstad, Yale Univ.
3. “Rorty and the Intractable: The Place of Struggle within Philosophy and Literature,” Charles Francis Altieri, Univ. of California, Berkeley
4. “Conversation Is a Game of Circles; or, Thirteen Ways of Looking at Rorty,” Joan T. Richardson, Graduate Center, City Univ. of New York