Thursday, 28 December
122. West Asian and Mediterranean Literatures: Pedagogical Approaches
8:30–9:45 a.m., Tubman, Loews
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on West Asian Languages and Literatures
Presiding: Samy Swayd, San Diego State Univ.
1. “Teaching West Asian American Film and Literature in Post-9/11 New York City,” Zohra Saed, Hunter Coll., City Univ. of New York
2. “Teaching Reading Lolita in Tehran in a Community College World Literature Course,” Julie C. Sears, Univ. of North Texas
3. “Teaching Feminist West Asian Literatures,” Hussam S. Timani, Christopher Newport Univ.
4. “Teaching Arab Texts to American Druzes,” Randa B. Wahbe, Cypress Coll.
For copies of abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.