Thursday, 28 December
280. Modes of Being in Catalan Culture
3:30–4:45 p.m., Washington C, Loews
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Catalan Language and Literature
Presiding: Elisa Martí-López, Northwestern Univ.
1. “‘Being’ in the Making: Rhetorical Strategies in Popular Journals of Nineteenth-Century Barcelona,” Paula A. Sprague, Dartmouth Coll.
2. “Picasso in 1906: Savoring the Secrets of the Mysterious Land,” Jordi Falgàs, Cleveland Museum of Art
3. “A Taxidermic Imagination: Class Decay in J. M. de Sagarra’s ‘Vida privada,’” Robert A. Davidson, Univ. of Toronto
4. “Language and Exile,” Fátima Fernandes da Silva, Univ. of Lisbon