Saturday, 29 December
544. Postcolonial Studies since 1983: Reflective Assessments
3:30–4:45 p.m., Water Tower, Hyatt Regency
Program arranged by the Division on Postcolonial Studies in Literature and Culture
Presiding: David Chioni Moore, Macalester Coll.
1. “Small Notes on Postcolonial Metatheory: Of Travels, Accents, and Epistemologies,” Tejumola Olaniyan, Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison
2. “Postcolonial Studies, World Literature, and the Revised Rise of the Novel,” Vilashini Cooppan, Univ. of California, Santa Cruz
3. “The Colonizing Impulse of Postcolonial Theory,” John Charles Hawley, Santa Clara Univ.
4. “Posts and Pasts Revisited: On Postcolonial Theory and Practice,” Alfred J. Lopez, Purdue Univ., West Lafayette