Wednesday, 28 December
176. Native American Languages: Past, Present, and Future
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Delaware Suite B, Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on American Indian Literatures
Presiding: Frederick H. White, Slippery Rock Univ.
1. “When ‘No Child Left Behind’ Falls Short: A Sociolinguistic Approach to Navajo Language Immersion and Verb-Centered Instruction,” Brian Byrd, Univ. of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh
2. “Shadow Trails: Ojibwe Language and the Poetry of Kimberly Blaeser,” Molly McGlennen, Univ. of California, Davis
3. “Preservation and Revitalization in the Tohono O’odham Community,” Colleen M. Fitzgerald, Texas Tech Univ.
4. “Where Do We Go from Here?” John Hunt Peacock, Jr., Maryland Inst. Coll. of Art