Saturday, 08 January
531. The Lives of Dogs in the Lusophone World
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 306B, LA Convention Center
Program arranged by the Division on Luso-Brazilian Language and Literature
Presiding: Steven Gonzagowski, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
1. “I Bark, Therefore I Feel: Schopenhauerian Dog and Darwinian Man in Quincas Borba,” Todd Silas Garth, US Naval Acad.
2. “Cadelas puras e puras cadelas de um mundo literário açoriano,” Irene de Amaral, Univ. of Massachusetts, North Dartmouth
3. “Quincas Borba: Philosopher and Dog,” Gentil de Faria, São Paulo State Univ.
4. “A Dog’s Life under Colonial Rule: Honwana’s Canine Legacy,” Phillip Rothwell, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
Respondent: Steven Gonzagowski