Wednesday, 28 December
262. The Language of Soundscape: “Rhythm Science” and Reading Electronic Music
3:30–4:45 p.m., Nathan Hale, Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Literature and Science
Presiding: Arielle Saiber, Bowdoin Coll.
1. “Electronic Music and the Limits of Digital Production,” Aden Evens, Massachusetts Inst. of Tech.
2. “The Uncanny Sample: From Text to Sound,” Angela AnnDora Frattarola, New York Univ.
3. “Sampling Science: Hip-Hop as Parallel Distributed Processing,” Ryan Snyder Ananat, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor
4. “Compositional Dwelling in Experimental Fiction and Software Sound Synthesis,” Martin E. Boyden, Univ. of Rochester