Thursday, 28 December
135. Exploring Literary Linguistics and the Active Reader
10:15–11:30 a.m., 308, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Linguistic Approaches to Literature
Presiding: K. Julia Karolle, John Carroll Univ.
1. “Does Poetry Convey Knowledge? The Pragmatics of Epistemic Expressions and the Active Reader,” Andreas Dittrich, Passau Univ.
2. “Texts That Sense Readers, Readers That Embody Texts,” Ellen J. Esrock, Rensselaer Polytechnic Inst.
3. “Divining Its Implicit Tricks: The Active Reader as Linguistic Theorist,” Claiborne Rice, Univ. of Louisiana, Lafayette
4. “Semes, Scenes, and Standards: Chandler’s Marlowe as Metafiction,” Veronica Morrison, Thomas Jefferson Univ.