Friday, 29 December
379. Anthropology as Literature
8:30–9:45 a.m., 302, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Anthropological Approaches to Literature
Presiding: Cannon Schmitt, Wayne State Univ.
1. “Rhetorical Anthropology,” Daniel M. Gross, Univ. of Iowa
2. “The Time of Ethnography: Rethinking Coevalness,” Michael A. Elliott, Emory Univ.
3. “Literature as Anthropology,” Richard van Oort, Univ. of British Columbia
4. “Levi-Strauss and the Inhuman Structures,” Eleanor Kay Kaufman, Univ. of California, Los Angeles