Wednesday, 28 December
228. Jane Austen: New Texts and Contexts
1:45–3:00 p.m., Delaware Suite B, Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Late-Eighteenth-Century English Literature
Presiding: Devoney Looser, Univ. of Missouri, Columbia
1. “The Thing about Fanny Price,” Mark Raymond Blackwell, Univ. of Hartford
2. “Lady Bertram’s Shawl: Gender, Empire, Mountains, and Molehills,” Lillian S. Robinson, Concordia Univ., Sir George Williams
3. “What Are Men to Rocks and Mountains? Nature in Jane Austen,” Barbara K. Seeber, Brock Univ.
4. “Consuming the Body: Early Modern Epistemology in Austen’s Emma,” Rajani Sudan, Southern Methodist Univ.