Wednesday, 28 December
149. The Poetic Line in the Age of New Media
10:15–11:30 a.m., Maryland Suite A, Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Twentieth-Century American Literature
Presiding: Dorothy J. Wang, Northwestern Univ.
1. “Getting Out of Line: The Visual-Spatial-Kinetic Line in Sign Language Poetry,” H-Dirksen L. Bauman, Gallaudet Univ.
2. “Coauthoring with the Computer: A Questionable Collaboration,” Merrill Cole, Temple Univ.
3. “Poetic Lines in/and Database Imaginations,” Adalaide Morris, Univ. of Iowa
4. “The Poetics of Virtual and Junk Space: A Site-Oriented Line for the Twenty-First Century,” Jennifer Scappettone, Univ. of Chicago