Monday, 29 December
712. Theory, Religion, and Literature
9:00–10:15 p.m., Union Square 22, Hilton
Program arranged by the Division on Literary Criticism
Presiding: Simon Christopher During, Johns Hopkins Univ.
1. “Epigraphs and Epitaphs: Religious and Theoretical Thresholds in Morrison’s Paradise,” Sandra K. Stanley, California State Univ., Northridge
2. “Forgiveness according to Buddhism and Derrida,” Sinkwan Cheng, John Jay Coll., City Univ. of New York
3. “Queer Theory, Christianity, and Narrative Argumentation,” Norman Waters Jones, Ohio State Univ., Mansfield
4. “The Invention of Civil Religion,” Elliott Visconsi, Yale Univ.