Thursday, 29 December
447. Pop Culture and the War on Terror
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Coolidge, Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Popular Culture
Presiding: Cynthia J. Fuchs, George Mason Univ.
1. “Apocalyptic Democracy and Iraq War Culture,” Joe Lockard, Arizona State Univ., Tempe
2. “‘America, Fuck Yeah!’: Patriotic Puppetry in Team America: World Police,” Anna Froula, Univ. of Kentucky
3. “Virtual(ly) Torture: Video Games, Artificial Intelligence, and the War on Terror,” Mark L. Sample, George Mason Univ.
4. “A Very Disturbed Place: Terror, Trauma, and TV,” Cynthia J. Fuchs