Sunday, 28 December
406. Poetry and Pedagogy: A Panel and Plenary Discussion
7:15–8:30 p.m., Nob Hill B, Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Poetry
Presiding: Alan C. Golding, Univ. of Louisville
1. “Poets and Aesthetic Pedagogy,” Clover Bachman, Carnegie Mellon Univ.
2. “The Uses of Poetry: From T. S. Eliot to William Empson,” Benjamin Kohlmann, Univ. of Oxford, Lincoln Coll.
3. “Poetic Pedagogy: Creative Writing in the Critical Classroom,” Bartholomew Brinkman, Univ. of Illinois, Urbana
4. “Close Reading and the Poet-Critics Who Did None of It,” Robert von Hallberg, Univ. of Chicago
For copies of papers and discussion, log in to the online forum of the Division on Poetry at www.mla.org/mymla_cat&c=D011 after 21 Nov.