Thursday, 28 December
163. Narcissism in Edith Wharton’s Works
10:15–11:30 a.m., Liberty Ballroom Salon B, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Edith Wharton Society
Presiding: Margaret P. Murray, Western Connecticut State Univ.
1. “Narcissism and the Banality of Evil,” Linda Costanzo Cahir, Kean Univ.
2. “Denying Himself No Thing: Major Chris Fenno as the Cultural Psychoanalyst’s Aggressive Narcissist,” Kristin Lauer, Fordham Univ., Lincoln Center
3. “Looking into the Haunted Verge: Narcissism and Self-Recognition in Wharton’s Ghostly Tales,” Elsa Nettels, Coll. of William and Mary
4. “Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall: Self-Fixation and Inauthenticity in The Custom of the Country,” Frederick Wegener, California State Univ., Long Beach
5. “Narcissism for the Nation: Undine Spragg and Patriotism in The Custom of the Country,” Donna M. Campbell, Washington State Univ., Pullman
For copies of abstracts, visit www.edithwhartonsociety.org after 10 Dec.