Friday, 07 January
227. Class Conflict in South Asian Cultural Production
10:15–11:30 a.m., 304C, LA Convention Center
Program arranged by the South Asian Literary Association
Presiding: Nivedita Majumdar, John Jay Coll. of Criminal Justice, City Univ. of New York
1. “Class in South Asian Diasporic Literature,” Aruna Krishnamurthy, Fitchburg State Coll.
2. “What Comes after Magic Realism? Class and History in Contemporary South Asian Novels in English,” Pranav Jani, Ohio State Univ., Columbus
3. “What’s Left of Class? Cultural Production in Liberalized India,” Nivedita Majumdar
4. “Poor like Them: Representations of Poverty in South Asian Cinema,” Ankhi Mukherjee, Univ. of Oxford, Wadham Coll.
For abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.