Saturday, 30 December
703. South Asian Literature: Dialectics of the Cosmopolitan and the Indigenous
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Jefferson, Loews
Program arranged by the South Asian Literary Association
Presiding: Joylette Williams Samuels, Nassau Community Coll., State Univ. of New York
1. “The Fault Lines That Split My Imagined Earth: Meena Alexander’s Politics of Language,” Joylette Williams Samuels
2. “Transnationalism, Indigeneity, and Identity: Anita Desai’s Journey to Ithaca,” Kamal D. Verma, Univ. of Pittsburgh, Johnstown
3. “Cosmopolitan versus Indigenous: Reading Lalitambika Antherjanam,” Nalini Iyer, Seattle Univ.
4. “In between the Local and the Global: Arundhati Roy’s The God of Small Things,” Reena Dube, Indiana Univ. of Pennsylvania
For copies of abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.