Saturday, 27 December
48. Topos as Place and the Place of the Visual in Ezra Pound’s Work
3:30–4:45 p.m., Union Square 9, Hilton
Program arranged by the Ezra Pound Society
Presiding: Timothy Paul Redman, Univ. of Texas, Dallas
1. “On the Road: Pound’s ‘Poetry’ of Place,” Ira Nadel, Univ. of British Columbia
2. “Signs of an Italian Awakening: Ezra Pound’s Response to Fascist Architectural Restoration,” Catherine Paul, Clemson Univ.
3. “Visual Arrhythmia and Transcendental Aesthetics in Ezra Pound’s Asian Sources, Early Works, and Cantos,” Robert Kibler, Minot State Univ.
4. “Real Property and Visual Poetics: Ezra Pound and Ecocriticism,” James W. Kraus, Chaminade Univ.
For copies of abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.