Thursday, 27 December
31. W. H. Auden: A One Hundredth Birthday Tribute in Words and Music
3:30–4:45 p.m., Skyway Suite 273, Hyatt Regency
Program arranged by the Lyrica Society for Word-Music Relations
Presiding: Leslie C. Dunn, Vassar Coll.
1. “Private versus Public Response in Britten’s Musical Response to Auden’s Look, Stranger!,” Sarah Terry, Univ. of Washington, Seattle
2. “‘Bohemian Chaos’ and ‘Bourgeois Convention’: Benjamin Britten’s Auden Cycle On This Island,” Vicki Stroeher, Marshall Univ.
3. “Opera Addict: Auden’s American Makeover,” Charles Waite Mahoney, Univ. of Connecticut, Storrs
4. “Setting Auden to Music: An Introduction and Performance,” Aron Dunlap, Temple Univ.