Friday, 28 December
230. Kafka Now: Kafka and Recent Literature
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Parlor C, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Kafka Society of America
Presiding: Marie Luise Caputo-Mayr, Temple Univ.
1. “Kafka on the Shore in Contemporary Japanese Literature,” Jae Hee Chang, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
2. “Kafka in Spain at the Beginning of the Twenty-First Century,” Elisa Martínez Salazar, Universidad de Zaragoza
3. “Der Verschollene / The Missing Person Now: Revisiting Kafka’s First Novel,” Mark Harman, Elizabethtown Coll.
4. “The Afterlife of Literature: W. G. Sebald and Kafka’s ‘Hunter Gracchus,’” Markus Zisselsberger, Binghamton Univ., State Univ. of New York