Thursday, 30 December
771. Voices in the Wilderness: Teaching Queer Studies
1:45–3:00 p.m., Commonwealth Hall B, Loews
Program arranged by the Gay and Lesbian Caucus for the Modern Languages
Presiding: Harriette Andreadis, Texas A&M Univ., College Station
1. “Identification Politics: The Racialized and Sexualized Professor in the Classroom,” Aureliano Maria DeSoto, Bard Coll.
2. “Teaching Transnationally: Queer Theory, Transnational Feminisms, and Monique Truong’s The Book of Salt,” Deborah A. Cohler, San Francisco State Univ.
3. “Teaching the ‘T’ in LGBT Studies: Global and Interdisciplinary Perspectives,” Christopher F. Packard, New York Univ.
4. “Queer Studies Goes to Catholic School,” Linda S. Garber, Santa Clara Univ.