Wednesday, 29 December
412. Margaret Atwood’s Dystopian Visions
10:15–11:30 a.m., 303, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Margaret Atwood Society
Presiding: Joy Tamara Arbor, Univ. of Nebraska, Lincoln
1. “Dr. Frankenstein in Oryx and Crake,” Sharon R. Wilson, Univ. of Northern Colorado
2. “The Temptation to Apocalypse in Atwood’s The Robber Bride,” Debrah K. Raschke, Southeast Missouri State Univ.
3. “‘The Rag Ends of Language’: The Poetic Discourse of Survival in Atwood’s Future Visions,” Dunja M. Mohr, Univ. of Erlangen
4. “Apocalyptic Canada: The Nationalist Lessons of Susanna Moodie,” Deborah Phelps, Sam Houston State Univ.