Thursday, 27 December
87. The Humanities at Work in the World
7:00–8:45 p.m., Sheraton V, Sheraton Chicago
The Presidential Forum
Presiding: Michael Holquist, Yale Univ.
1. “The Humanities as an Export Commodity,” Peter Brooks, Yale Univ.
2. “Deep Memory and National History Textbooks,” James V. Wertsch, Washington Univ.
3. “Stepping Out: On Making the Loathly Lady,” Wendy Steiner, Univ. of Pennsylvania
4. “The Humanities in the Twenty-First Century,” Richard J. Franke, Chicago Humanities Festival
5. “Good to Think With,” Marjorie Garber, Harvard Univ.