Sunday, 30 December
771. Writing across Borders: Twentieth-Century Romanian Writers Abroad
1:45–3:00 p.m., Columbus A and B, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Romanian Studies Association of America
Presiding: Anca Luca Holden, Univ. of Georgia
1. “Love and Death in the Work of Anna de Noailles,” Ferdâ Asya, Bloomsburg Univ.
2. “Brancusi in Peter Neagoë’s Posthumous Novel The Saint of Montparnasse,” Peter Glenn Christensen, Cardinal Stritch Univ.
3. “The Intersection of Language in Paul Celan’s Poetic Testimony,” Petra Schweitzer, Shenandoah Univ.
4. “Cioran: The Ethics and Aesthetics of Untranslatability,” Otilia Baraboi, Univ. of Washington, Seattle
5. “Andrei Codrescu’s Anti-Identity Politics,” Kirby Olson, Coll. of Tech, State Univ. of New York
For copies of abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.