Wednesday, 30 December
740. Practicalities of Performing Marlowe
1:45–3:00 p.m., Grand Ballroom Salon I, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Marlowe Society of America
Presiding: Georgia Elizabeth Brown, Univ. of Reading
1. “‘None Dare Speak a Word’: Performing Silence in Edward II,” Pierre Hecker, Carleton Coll.
2. “Devil on the Doorstep: Diabolical Enactment in Marlowe and His (and Our) Contemporaries,” Brett Foster, Wheaton Coll., IL
3. “Marking Female Judaism: Costuming Abigail and Jessica in Post-Holocaust British Productions,” Irene Middleton, Emory Univ.
4. “Fine Madness: Performing the Plays of Christopher Marlowe,” Jeff Dailey, Five Towns Coll.
For abstracts, visit www.mightyline.org.