Tuesday, 30 December
738. Globalization and Culture in South Asia
8:30–9:45 a.m., Yerba Buena Salon 15, Marriott
Program arranged by the South Asian Literary Association
Presiding: Nivedita Majumdar, John Jay Coll., City Univ. of New York
1. “The Never-Ending Story: Globalization in South Asia,” Henry Schwarz, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
2. “Rewriting Modern Indian History as a History of ‘Globalization,’” Shakti Jaising, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
3. “Translating for Global Audiences in Chitra Divakaruni’s and Jhumpa Lahiri’s Fiction,” Lavina D. Shankar, Bates Coll.
4. “South Asian Culture as Global Culture in Salman Rushdie’s Shalimar the Clown,” Angela Noelle Brada-Williams, San José State Univ.