Saturday, 30 December
719. “It’s All in / the Sound”: The Prosody of William Carlos Williams
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 402–403, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the William Carlos Williams Society
Presiding: Emily Mitchell Wallace, Bryn Mawr Coll.
1. “Some Orchestrations of the American Idiom,” Barry Ahearn, Tulane Univ.
2. “The Voices in The Desert Music,” Peter Middleton, Univ. of Southampton
3. “Structural Surprise in the Triadic-Line Poems,” Natalie E. Gerber, State Univ. of New York, Fredonia
4. “Hearing Is Believing: The Recordings by the Poet,” Richard Swigg, Keele Univ.