Monday, 29 December
696. The Nakba in the Wake of Said
7:15–8:30 p.m., Yerba Buena Salon 6, Marriott
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Arabic Literature and Culture
Presiding: Shaden M. Tageldin, Univ. of Minnesota, Twin Cities
1. “Narrating the Nakba, Maintaining the Land: The Challenges of Native Palestinian Writings of the Nakba,” Amal Eqeiq, Univ. of Washington, Seattle
2. “Writing the Nakba and the Limits of Representation,” Tom Hill, Univ. of Cambridge, Trinity Coll.
3. “Across Genre and Gender: Palestinians in Contemporary Saudi Literature,” Saad Al-Bazei, King Saud Univ.
4. “Catastrophe and the Limits of Contrapuntalism,” Keith Feldman, Univ. of Washington, Seattle