Monday, 29 December
688. Reckless Daughter: Some Perspectives on Joni Mitchell
7:15–8:30 p.m., Franciscan D, Hilton
A special session
Presiding: David Yaffe, Claremont McKenna Coll.
1. “‘On the Strings and the Page’: Joni Mitchell’s Pictorial Imagination,” David Yaffe
2. “Tar Baby and the Great White Wonder: Joni Mitchell and the Mask of Blackness,” Eric William Lott, Univ. of Virginia
3. “Poetic Register in the Songs of Joni Mitchell,” Lloyd Whitesell, McGill Univ.
4. “I Was a Free Man: Joni Mitchell in Guyville,” Ann Powers, Los Angeles Times