Monday, 29 December
672. Where Is the Archive?
7:15–8:30 p.m., Powell, Hilton
Program arranged by the American Literature Section
Presiding: Caroline Field Levander, Rice Univ.
1. “Migrant Archives,” Rodrigo Lazo, Univ. of California, Irvine
2. “Working against Archives,” Robert S. Levine, Univ. of Maryland, College Park
3. “Sensational Socialism, the Horrors of the Porfiriato, and Cultural Memory,” Shelley Streeby, Univ. of California, San Diego
4. “Fragments and Fractals: African American Literary History and ‘the Archive,’” John Ernest, West Virginia Univ., Morgantown
5. “Reading the Landscape as Archive: Cultural Codes and Cultural Memory in Native American Literature,” Annette Kolodny, Univ. of Arizona