Friday, 30 December
656. Open Hostilities: War, Memory, and Recall in Contemporary Spain
8:30–9:45 a.m., Military, Washington Hilton
A special session
Presiding: Joan-Ramon Resina, Cornell Univ.
1. “Requisitioning Urban Memory: The Wartime Hotel and the Spanish Civil War,” Robert A. Davidson, Univ. of Toronto
2. “The Staging of Trauma: TV Documentaries on War and Repression,” Joan-Ramon Resina
3. “Spirits of Place and Times of War in El lápiz del carpintero,” Colleen P. Culleton, Univ. of North Carolina, Charlotte
4. “Waking Up from Amnesia: New Voices on the Memory of the Spanish Civil War,” Isabel Cunado, Bucknell Univ.