Monday, 29 December
627. Francophone Women Directors
3:30–4:45 p.m., Nob Hill A, Marriott
Program arranged by Women in French
Presiding: Sylvie Eve Blum-Reid, Univ. of Florida
1. “Configuring the Filmic Narrative of Laila Marrakchi’s Marock: The Gender and Religious Subtext of a Moroccan Love Story,” Safoi Babana-Hampton, Michigan State Univ.
2. “Yamina Benguigui’s Documentary Filmmaking,” Carine Bourget, Univ. of Arizona
3. “Contemporary Tales through the Female Lens of ‘Le Nouveau Maroc,’” Valérie K. Orlando, Univ. of Maryland, College Park
4. “Nadia El Fani: New Perspectives and Practices on and in Cinema,” Joëlle F. Vitiello, Macalester Coll.