Thursday, 29 December
596. Catalan Literature and Culture: Across Ages, Languages, and Media
7:15–8:30 p.m., Military, Washington Hilton
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Catalan Language and Literature
Presiding: Bradley Scott Epps, Harvard Univ.
1. “TV3’s Challenge to the Democratic ‘Pacto de Silencio,’” Isabel M. Estrada, Barnard Coll.
2. “A Belated Baroque: Catalan ‘Minor’ Literature of the Early Modern Period,” Aaron J. Ilika, Univ. of Pennsylvania
3. “Caterina Albert in Translation,” Kathleen McNerney, West Virginia Univ., Morgantown
4. “Backwards into the Global: Eugeni d’Ors’s Deterritorialized Empire,” Sara Nadal-Melsió, Univ. of Pennsylvania