Tuesday, 29 December
575. Gaining a Public Voice: Alternative Genres of Publication for Graduate Students
7:15–8:30 p.m., 405, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the MLA Committee on the Status of Graduate Students in the Profession
Presiding: Jens Kugele, Georgetown Univ.
1. “Animating Audiences: Digital Publication Projects and Their Publics,” Jentery Sayers, Univ. of Washington, Seattle
2. “Blogging Beowulf,” Mary Kate Hurley, Columbia Univ.
3. “Hope Is Not a Husk but Persists in and as Us: A Proposal for Graduate Collaborative Publication,” Emily Carr, Univ. of Calgary
4. “The Alternative as Mainstream: Building Bridges,” Katherine Marie Arens, Univ. of Texas, Austin