Monday, 29 December
571. Disability and Human Rights
1:45–3:00 p.m., Golden Gate 1, Hilton
Program arranged by the MLA Committee on Disability Issues in the Profession
Presiding: Eden Osucha, Bates Coll.
1. “Harnessing Human Rights and Disability Studies in Edward Said’s Out of Place,” Cynthia Franklin, Univ. of Hawai‘i, Mānoa
2. “Gynecology and Gendered Justice: Frameworks for Narrativizing Female Genital Circumcision,” Rebecca A. Wanzo, Ohio State Univ., Columbus
3. “Disability and Human Rights: Redefining Bodies and Humans through Disability, Superability, Prosthetics, and Somatechnics,” Amanda K. Booher, Clemson Univ.
4. “The Human Right to Vulnerability,” Rosemarie Garland-Thomson, Emory Univ.
For copies of abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org after 20 Dec.