Saturday, 29 December
554. The Inhuman: Philosophy and Biopolitics
3:30–4:45 p.m., Dusable, Hyatt Regency
Program arranged by the Division on Philosophical Approaches to Literature
Presiding: Eleanor Kaufman, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
1. “Stains, Disease, and the Inhuman in Blanchot’s Reading of Merleau-Ponty,” Stefanos Geroulanos, Johns Hopkins Univ.
2. “Creature: The Transitional Being of Biopolitical Power,” Aliyah Khan, Univ. of California, Santa Cruz
3. “The Articulation of (In)Human Ability: Aristotle, Heidegger, Agamben,” Scott DeShong, Quinebaug Valley Community Coll., CT
4. “The Humane Animal: Judith Butler’s Precarious Life,” Michael S. Lundblad, Syracuse Univ.