Wednesday, 29 December
524. Opening the Canon in the Field of Colonial Latin American Studies
3:30–4:45 p.m., Congress B, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on Colonial Latin American Literatures
Presiding: Santa Arias, Florida State Univ.
1. “The Poetics of Editing and Annotating Colonial Texts,” Paul P. Firbas, Princeton Univ.
2. “Taíno Warriors? Recovering Indigenous Voices in the Hispanic Caribbean,” Yolanda M. Martínez-San Miguel, Univ. of Pennsylvania
3. “Working on the Inquisition, from a Literary Perspective,” Stacey Schlau, West Chester Univ.
4. “What Do We Talk about When We Talk about a New Canon?” Gustavo Aldo Verdesio, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor