Thursday, 29 December
508. Poetry Matters, Then and Now
3:30–4:45 p.m., Farragut, Washington Hilton
Program arranged by the Division on Nineteenth-Century French Literature
Presiding: Adrianna M. Paliyenko, Colby Coll.
1. “White Mythology and Gender Typology in the Nineteenth-Century French Lyric,” Laurence M. Porter, Michigan State Univ.
2. “Engendering Poetic Vision,” Stamos Metzidakis, Washington Univ.
3. “Dear Mssrs Miller, Fowlie, and Faurisson (cc: Rimbaud): Twenty-First-Century Responses to the 1960s,” Seth A. Whidden, Villanova Univ.
4. “Slippery Ground: At the Borders of Symbolist Poetry,” Joseph T. Acquisto, Univ. of Vermont
For copies of abstracts, visit www.colby.edu/personal/a/ampaliye/.