Saturday, 27 December
5. The Cooper Edition: Current Issues
3:30–4:45 p.m., Mason B, Hilton
Program arranged by the Association for Documentary Editing
Presiding: Allan Axelrad, California State Univ., Fullerton
1. “All Afloat, No Ashore: Cooper’s Composition of Homeward Bound,” Stephen Carl Arch, Michigan State Univ.
2. “Cooper’s Narragansett Novel and the Trouble with Mohegans,” Robert D. Madison, United States Naval Acad.
3. “A Conservative Reconsiders the Theory of Copy Text,” James A. Sappenfield, Univ. of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
4. “‘To Be Concluded in Our Next’: Editing Cooper’s First Serial Novel,” Matthew W. Sivils, Iowa State Univ.