Tuesday, 29 December
499. Kafka Anew: Life, Work, Translations
3:30–4:45 p.m., Commonwealth Hall C, Loews
Program arranged by the Kafka Society of America
Presiding: Maria Luise Caputo-Mayr, Temple Univ., Philadelphia
1. “Searching Kafka’s Diaries for the Untold Story,” Matthew Powell, Walsh Univ.
2. “Kafka’s Epistolary Project: Translating Libidinal Energies in ‘Letters to Felice,’” Marjorie Edna Rhine, Univ. of Wisconsin, Whitewater
3. “‘Essential Kafka’: Translating What’s Written In Between the Lines,” Phillip Lundberg, Bridgewater, NJ
Speaker's Annotation:Phillip Lundberg's Website with links to my translations is: http://home.earthlink.net/~ushaphil - Every transl. is an interpretation,
at least per my book...
4. “Kafka’s Amerika: Lost (and Found) in Translation,” Catriona MacLeod, Univ. of Pennsylvania