Monday, 29 December
484. Stereotypes of Contingent Faculty Members: Humor and Social Commentary
10:15–11:30 a.m., Union Square 15, Hilton
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Part-Time Faculty Members
Presiding: Lila Marz Harper, Central Washington Univ.
1. “Contingency, Irony, Squalidarity,” Erik Chandler, Univ. of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
2. “Stereotypical Representations of Faculty Members in the Academic Novel: How Race and Gender Trump Class in the Popular Imagination,” Robert Samuels, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
3. “Web 2.0 and the Adjunct: Breaking Stereotypes in the Blogosphere,” Monica F. Jacobe, Catholic Univ. of America
4. “Social Media and Social Reality,” P. Marc Bousquet, Santa Clara Univ.
For copies of abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.