Friday, 29 December
484. Henry James and the Other Women
1:45–3:00 p.m., 413, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Henry James Society
Presiding: Pierre A. Walker, Salem State Coll.
1. “‘Vicarious Exposure’: Henry James and Caroline Sturgis Tappan,” Kathy Lawrence, George Washington Univ.
2. “Fanny Kemble’s Tears and the Jamesian Failure of Prospect,” Kendall Johnson, Swarthmore Coll.
3. “Grace Norton, Cambridge Woman of Letters, and Henry James,” Cathleen McCollom Bauschatz, Univ. of Maine, Orono
4. “‘The Best of Women and the Dearest of Scribes’: Henry James’s Correspondence with Grace Norton,” Renee Tursi, Quinnipiac Univ.