Wednesday, 29 December
449. Narratives of Diaspora: Topographies of Contemporary Jewish Writing and Film in German
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Congress A, Loews
A special session
Session leader: Russell Alexander Berman, Stanford Univ.
1. “Facing Place: The Work of Memory in the Work of Ruth Beckermann,” Karen L. Remmler, Mount Holyoke Coll.
2. “Diaspora as Metaphor: Representations of Jewishness in Immigrants’ Writing in German,” Sebastian Wogenstein, Univ. of Tübingen
3. “‘A Circle within a Circle within a Circle’: Jeanette Lander’s Jewish-American-German Novels and the Globalization of Memory,” Andrew S. Gross, Freie Univ.
4. “The Shadow of Moses: Exodus and Historical Memory (Freud, Taubes, Assmann),” Joshua Gold, Princeton Univ.
For copies of abstracts, visit www.uni-tuebingen.de/komparatistik/mla2004.