Monday, 29 December
447. Putting Feminism Back into Queer Studies
8:30–9:45 a.m., Franciscan B, Hilton
Program arranged by the Division on Gay Studies in Language and Literature and cosponsored by the Division on Women’s Studies in Language and Literature
Presiding: Sharon Patricia Holland, Northwestern Univ.
1. “Repetitive Objects: Methodology as (Queer) Feminist Destiny,” Samantha Pinto, Georgetown Univ.
2. “The Post–Black Play and Queer Feminism,” Margo Natalie Crawford, Indiana Univ., Bloomington
3. “Resisting Heteronormativity, Resisting Recolonization: Affective and Erotic Bonds between Indigenous Women in Southern Africa as a Site of Postcolonial Feminist and Queer Inquiry,” William J. Spurlin, Univ. of Sussex
4. “A Circuitous Feminism: Theorizing Gender and Queer Theory in Early Modern English Literature,” Christine Varnado, Columbia Univ.