Thursday, 29 December
412. The Great (Im)Migration: Culture, Citizenship, and Black Resettlement, 1865–1940
10:15–11:30 a.m., Wilson B, Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Black American Literature and Culture
Presiding: Amritjit Singh, Rhode Island Coll.
1. “Outside the City: Robert Park and the Disciplining of Migration,” Lauren Coats, Duke Univ.
2. “Back to Africa: Colonization and Emigration in Pauline Hopkins’s Of One Blood,” Yogita Goyal, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
3. “Transnational Accommodationism: Black Migration to a Borderland West,” Stephen P. Knadler, Spelman Coll.
4. “(Im)Migration in the Writings of Eric Walrond,” Louis J. Parascandola, Long Island Univ., Brooklyn